Salk Borage Diabeticare Foot Cream
Prevents and Relieves Dry, Cracked Skin
- Addresses the fundamental cause of dry skin in diabetics by supplying OMEGA-6 oils directly to skin cells
- Non-prescription, clinically-proven, fragrance-free formula
- Diabetes Educator and dermatologist recommended
Diabetes and chronic dry skin, unfortunately, seem to go hand-in-hand. In fact, it is estimated that 83% of all diabetics suffer from dry skin, particularly in the lower extremities. Why is this?
According to well-documented clinical research, diabetics may suffer from an impaired ability to manufacture gamma-linlenic acid (GLA), an OMEGA-6 fatty acid crucial in the development of healthy skin cells. Used for a number of key functions through-out the body, GLA is a building block in the formation of cell membranes are unable to retain adequate moisture levels, resulting in dry skin. Hence, the link between diabetics (many of whom suffer from GLA deficiency) and dry skin.
Borage oil is the richest known source of GLA (24%). This oil is extracted from the seeds of the borage plant (borago officanalis), a wildflower commonly known as the blue starflower and used for thousands of years for its medicinal qualities. Because of its exceptional concentration of GLA, borage oil is used as the fundamental ingredient in all DiabeticCare™ formulations.
With one of the largest catalogs of medical, surgical and diagnostic supplies available online, Medex Supply can accommodate your facility's needs for Personal Care.
Skin Care can be found in our extensive online collection of products from globally recognized and trusted brands, including Salk. An excellent option to consider is the Borage DiabetiCare Foot Cream.
A 25% Handling Charge is levied against all authorized returns except those due to our error. Unauthorized returns are subject to a 40% Handling Charge. With the exception of a delivery error or defective item, the customer is responsible for the cost of return shipping. Original shipping fees are not refundable. Damages & defects must be reported to us within 7 days.
The following items are not eligible for return or exchange:
- Drugs and medications
- Hygienic items (masks, gloves, face shields, toilet accessories, pillows, commodes, braces, etc)
- Custom-made products, including narcotics cabinets and exam room furniture
- Items with expiration dates (i.e. diabetic test strips, sterile wipes)
- Items that are classified as hazardous material
- Oversized item that ship via freight
- Refrigerated items